Rumbamazigha was created by Taller de Músics to promote and mix musicians from diverse origins, geographic locations and styles.
Rumba Catalana and Amazigha music have combined by exchanging their musical languages, melodies and rhythms to create a popular, uplifting and unique sound.
This production was born in Taller de Músics in 2008 with support from Caixa Catalunya Social Work. This program provides funding for projects that promote intercultural dialogue through artistic creation.
Today we are happy to present the Rumbamazigha project which brings to the stage the reality of the streets and neighbourhoods around Catalunya. Musicians with different but not dissimilar instruments play melodies and rhythms that travel and flow without frontiers, impediments or prejudices.
- Jonatan Maya “ Petete”, Guitar, voice
- Emili Calabuich “Miliu”, Guitar, voice
- Jack Taradellas “ Cjakataga”, Percussion, voice
- Toni Reyes, Bass
- Nacho Lopez, Violin
- Radouan Zahir, Banjo, voice
- Addellah Zahir, Percussions, voice
- Ali Saadi, Percussions, voice
More information: www.rumbamazigha.com